Adelaide Medical Directory
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Medical Services in Adelaide?
Medical Related Businesses in and Around Adelaide, South Australia
There are a variety of medical related businesses in and around the city of Adelaide in South Australia. These businesses offer a range of health services to the local community, from general medical practitioners to specialists in specific areas of health. In this article, we will categorise, list and describe the benefits of each medical related business.
General Practitioner (GP)
One of the most commonly found medical related businesses in Adelaide is the General Practitioner (GP). A GP is a medical doctor who provides primary care to patients. They diagnose and treat common medical conditions and provide preventative care advice. A GP is usually the first point of contact for a patient seeking medical attention.
- Easily accessible in most suburbs of Adelaide
- Provides a wide range of general health services
- Can provide continuity of care for patients
- Caters to patients of all ages
There are many GP clinics in Adelaide, some of the popular ones are:
- Hindmarsh Medical Clinic - Phone: (08) 8346 7317
- Seaford Day and Night Surgery - Phone: (08) 8384 4444
- Health Sense Medical Centre - Phone: (08) 8359 2688
There are many specialists in Adelaide who are experts in specific areas of health. These specialists have completed advanced training in their field, and provide an expert level of care to patients with complex or chronic conditions.
- Provide specialised care for specific diseases or conditions
- Have access to advanced diagnostic and treatment options
- Often work in collaboration with GPs and other healthcare professionals
Here are some of the specialists in Adelaide:
- Adelaide Oncology and Hematology - Phone: (08) 7070 1300
- Adelaide Womens Imaging - Phone: (08) 8274 5700
- Adelaide Urology Associates - Phone: (08) 8213 5507
Pharmacies are an important part of the healthcare system in Adelaide. They provide medication and advice to patients, and can act as a point of contact for patients between their GP or specialist appointments.
- Provide easy access to medications and health products
- Can provide advice on medication use and side effects
- Often stay open late or on weekends for convenience
Here are some of the popular pharmacies in Adelaide:
- National Pharmacies - Phone: (08) 8209 1711
- TerryWhite Chemmart - Phone: (08) 8462 1630
- Priceline Pharmacy - Phone: (08) 8267 3181
Laboratories are responsible for analysing medical samples, such as blood or urine, to help diagnose diseases and monitor treatment progress. There are many laboratories in Adelaide that provide this service.
- Provide accurate and timely results for medical tests
- Can perform a wide range of medical tests
- Often work in collaboration with GPs and specialists to help diagnose and treat conditions
Here are some of the laboratories in Adelaide:
- SA Pathology - Phone: (08) 8222 3000
- Clinpath Pathology - Phone: (08) 8366 2000
- Adelaide Pathology Partners - Phone: (08) 8222 3000
Hospitals are responsible for providing acute care to patients who require hospitalisation. There are many hospitals in Adelaide, both public and private, that cater to a range of medical conditions.
- Provide emergency care to patients in need
- Have access to advanced medical equipment and technology
- Work with specialists and GPs to provide comprehensive care
Here are some of the hospitals in Adelaide:
- Royal Adelaide Hospital - Phone: (08) 7074 0000
- Flinders Medical Centre - Phone: (08) 8204 5511
- Burnside War Memorial Hospital - Phone: (08) 8202 7222
Adelaide has a range of medical related businesses that cater to the healthcare needs of its residents. From GPs to specialists, pharmacies to hospitals, Adelaide has a comprehensive healthcare system that is easily accessible to all. By having a variety of medical businesses, patients have access to the best care possible for their specific conditions.
Adelaide Medical Articles